Thursday, August 16, 2012

Directory Submitter - A Review


I hate doing the mundane, let me make that clear. I am all for adventure, excitement and mint ice cream! I also want my website out there before the eyes of many people like me can get. Enter the first 3 big guys (Google, Windows Live and Yahoo) are a part of that (thanks, SBI, to manage that for me!), But directory submissions are important. The more backlinks you get, the higher is my Google Page Rank. The higher my PR, the most valuable real estate on my Web site becomes real. So, I pay more money to advertisers who want to put ads on my website. In addition, the SE to see my back as how popular they are.

SUPA-STAR! ;)

As I said though, presenting the same information (name, description, keywords, blah blah) is tedious and boring and time-consuming when done manually. Also, you really do not know the myriad of directories out there, unless the Directory was kind enough to bring down an exhaustive list under your pillow. Enter Directory Submitter.

Posted Directory is a great piece of software created by Brad Callen and his crazy crew of programmers that eliminates the repetition involved in the presentation of the information the same directory after directory after directory. They are the same crew that created Article Submitter and Keyword Elite (awesome software, but that's another article ;)).

In Directory Submitter, you simply create a profile for each website that you want to submit, fill in the blanks with all the information on that particular site. After the profile is created, you have a list of 300 directories that you sort options for Page Rank, Alexa rating, category (General, Hosting, jewelry, etc.), and type (if it is a directory can send for free, you have to pay for inclusion, or both). You double click a directory name, it brings up the built-in Web browser and fills all the information from your profile selection for you! All you need to do to complete the presentation is to select the category that you want your website to reside. For example, mine would be in the Travel section. After finishing, the tag Posted Directory directory with the date submitted to it, so you know you're done with that, and it passes. Wash, rinse, repeat. I tend to do about 5 or 6 motions per day.

As I said, the free version of Directory Submitter directory provides a list of 300 to pass through. Posted Directory gold (I think it cost me a measly $ 49) provides a list of over 2,200 directories. This is quite a list! The more web directory you submit to, the better! Upgrades are free for life, too. Finally, have a great affiliate program that you can join and make a commission of 75% from the promotion and sale of software.

Now, keep in mind that Directory Submitter is not magic. It is not going to get tons of backlinks and traffic at night. It is simply an easy to use piece of software that makes your presentation for tons directories faster. Just as the presentation at hand, some directories will get you in immediately, some in a couple of weeks to months and some for nothing. Just remember that the higher the Page Rank of the directory you are submitting, you get the best results in the long run. Posted Directory provides sites that have PR 8 and down. I noticed that since I increased my traffic was the issue.

There are disadvantages to the software? Not at all. As I said, it just makes your job easier.

However, I hate repeating the same keystrokes over and over and carpal tunnel is not your cup of tea, Directory Submitter is your answer.

Here's to your success! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment